Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
Q1). Explain what is sales force?
Ans: Salesforce is a CRM delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
Q2).What are custom objects in Salesforce?
Ans: Simply put custom objects are the database tables in Salesforce. All the data related to the enterprise can be stored in Salesforce.com. These custom objects have to be defined first and then the following steps need to be taken:
- Join records with custom objects.
- The custom object data are displayed in custom lists.
- Create a custom tab for custom object.
- Building page layouts.
- Creating dashboard & report for analyzing custom object.
- The custom tab, app and object can be shared
Q3).Mention changing what may cause data loss?
Ans: Data loss may cause due to following reasons
- Changing data and date-time
- Altering to percent,number and currency from other data types
- Changing from multi-select picklist, checkbox, auto number to other types
- Altering to multi-select picklist from any type except picklist
- Changing to auto-number except from text
- Changing from text-area to e-mail, phone, URL and text
Q4).Define Object relationship overview
Ans: In Salesforce you can link the standard and custom object records in a related list. It is done by Object relationship overview. Various types of relationships can be created in order to connect the specific business cases with specific customers. It is possible to create custom relationship on an object and define various relationship types.
Q5).Explain the advantages of Salesforce SaaS functionality?
Ans: Some of the main benefits of Salesforce SaaS are:
- A pay-as-you-go model perfectly suited for all customers.
- No hassle of infrastructure management.
- All applications are accessed via internet.
- Easy integration between various applications.
- Latest features are provided without any delay.
- Guaranteed uptime and security.
- Scalable performance for various operations.
- Ability to access via mobile devices from anywhere
Q6).How many relationships are present in Salesforce?
Ans: The two important relationships in Salesforce include:
- Lookup relationship.
- Master detail relationship
Q7).What is a Trigger in Salesforce?
Ans: A Trigger is just a code that is executed before or after a record is inserted or updated.
Q8).Explain the various Standard Profiles in Salesforce?
- System Administrator –Customization and administration of the application.
- Standard User –Can edit, view, update or delete one’s own record.
- Read Only –Able to just view the records.
- Solution Manager –Comes with standard user permission but also can manage categories and published solutions.
- Marketing User –Is able to import leads into the organization along with standard user permissions
Q9).Explain the Force.com platform
Ans: Force.com is the entire infrastructure and codebase on which the complete Salesforce application exists. In other words Salesforce is built on Force.com which is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) that lets to simplify the design, development and deployment of cloud-based applications and websites. Salesforce developers can work with Cloud Integrated Development Environment and deploy the applications on the Force.com servers
Q10). List the various types of Reports available in Salesforce
- Tabular report :In this the grand total is displayed in a table format.
- Matrix report :An in-depth report wherein the there is both row –based and column-based grouping.
- Summary report :A report in which the grouping is on the column basis.
- Joined report :A joining of two or more reports into one
Q11). How many reports can be added to the Salesforce dashboard?
Ans: A Salesforce Dashboard can be seen as a visual and pictorial representation of a report with the facility to add up to 20 reports within a single dashboard.
Q12).Explain the various dashboard components?
Ans: The various Dashboard components are explained below:
- Chart :it is used for showing data graphically.
- Gauge :it is used for showing a single value within a range of custom values.
- Metric :this is used for displaying a single key value – it is possible to click empty text field next to grand total and enter the metric label directly on components. All metrics placed above and below one another in dashboard column
the various Dashboard components are explained below:
would be displayed as a single component.
- Table :Showing report data in column form using the Table.
- Visualforce Page :It is used for creating custom component or showing information not available in other component type.
- Custom S –component: this contains the content that is run or displayed in a browser like Excel file, ActiveX Control, Java applet or custom HTML web form.
Q13).What is Visualforce in Force.com?
Ans: The Visualforce can be defined as the user interface for the Force.com platform. It is a component-based framework that can include over 100 built-in components. It includes a tag-based markup language and each Visualforce tag corresponds to a page or field.
The Visualforce framework works on the standard MVC paradigm. It is possible to have a tight integration with the database and also deploy auto-generated controllers for database objects. Developers can use Apex codes to write own controllers. It is also possible to access AJAX components or create your own components.
Q14).List the various object relations in Salesforce?
- One to many.
- Many to many.
- Master detail
Q15).What is a static resource in Salesforce?
Q16).Differentiate between Salesforce Object Query & Object Search language?
Ans: Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) lets you search only one object whereas the Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) lets you search multiple objects. You can query all types of fields in SOQL but you can query only text, email and phone number in SOSL. Data Manipulation Language operations can be performed on query results but not on search results.
Q17).How SaaS can be helpful to Sales force?
- As SaaS is a subscription based, customers can always choose not to renew if they are dissatisfied
- Customers can avoid a large initial investment in an IT infrastructure and day to day hustle of maintaining infrastructure
- SaaS customer provides same provider infrastructure and also easy integration
- SaaS applications use a simple internet interface that makes easier for customer to use.
- SaaS always provide a latest platform to the customer with innovation.
Q18). How sales force is useful in tracking sales?
Ans: Sales force records all the basic details like the number of customers served daily, daily sales volume, sales manager detailed reports, sales numbers in each month or quarter. Also, it keeps a track on the repeat customer, which is key to success for any sales organization.
Q19). Mention how many relationship is included in SFDC and what are they?
Ans: There are two types of relationships
- Master detail relationship
- Lookup relationship
Q20).Mention what is the difference between is Null and is Blank?
Ans: Trigger is a code that is executed before or after the record is updated or inserted
Q21). Mention what is the use of the static resource in Salesforce?
Q22).Mention what is the difference between force.com and Salesforce.com?
Ans: Force.com is PaaS (Platform as a Service) while Salesforce.com is SaaS ( Software as a Service).
Q23). Mention what are the actions available in workflow?
Ans: Actions available in workflow are
- Email Alert
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
Q24).Explain what is the limit of data.com records that can be added to Salesforce?
Ans: User can see their limit form setup, by clicking data.com administration/Users. From the data.com users section, user can see their monthly limit and how many records are exported during the month.
Q25).Mention what are the different types of custom settings in Salesforce?
Ans: Different types of custom settings in Salesforce includes
- Hierarchy type
- List type
Q26).Mention what are the three types of object relations in Salesforce?
Ans: Different types of object relations in Salesforce includes
- One to many
- Many to many
- Master detail
Q27).Mention what are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
Ans: Different types of reports available in Salesforce are
- Tabular report:It displays the grand total in the table form
- Matrix report:It is a detailed report in which the grouping is done based on both rows and columns
- Summary report:It is a detailed form of the report in which the grouping is done based on columns
- Joined report:With this two or more reports can be joined in the single reports
Q28). Is it possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce?
Ans: No, it is not possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce.
Q29). How Salesforce deploys sales tracking?
Ans: Salesforce is very meticulous when it comes to recording intricate details like sales numbers, customer details, customers served, repeat customers, in order to create detailed reports, charts and dashboards for keeping track of sales.
Q30). What does it indicate if an error state this “list has no rows for assignment”?
Ans: The error that tells “list has no rows for assignment” indicates that the list you are trying to access has no values in it.
Q31).What is the benefit of Salesforce CRM?
Ans: Here are some of the top benefits of Salesforce CRM
- Ensuring faster and better sales opportunity.
- Deploying an analytical approach to customer acquisition.
- Reducing cost and improving customer satisfaction.
- Automation of repetitive and less important tasks.
- Improved efficiency and enhanced communication on all fronts
Q32). Explain what the junction object is and what is the use?
Ans: Junction objects are used to build many-to-many relationships between objects. You can take a recruiting application example, where a position for a job can be linked to many candidates and in the same manner a candidate can be linked to the different positions. So, to connect this data model, you need a third party object, this object is referred as junction object. Here “job application” is the junction object.
Q33).Explain what is Audit trail?
Ans: Audit trail function is helpful in knowing the information or track all the recent setup changes that the administration does to the organization. It can store last 6 months data.
Q34). Explain what is dashboard?
Ans: Dashboard is the pictorial representation of the report, and we can add up to 20 reports in a single dashboard.
Q35).Explain how many controllers can be used in a visual force page?
Ans: As Salesforce comes under SaaS, one can use only one controller and as many extension controller.
Q36). Mention what is the difference between SOQL and SOSL?
|SOQL ( Salesforce Object Query Language)||SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language)|
|· Only one object at a time can be searched
· Query all type of fields
· It can be used in triggers and classes
· DML operation can be performed on query results
|· Many objects can be searched at a time
· Query only e-mail, phone and text
· It can be used in classes but not in triggers
· DML operation cannot be performed on search result
Q37).Top Answers to Salesforce Interview Questions
|Salesforce Dev 401||Salesforce Adv Dev 501|
|What you learn?||Building customized applications, analytical functions||Apex scripts, Developer console, deploying MVC architecture|
|Who can learn?||Software & IT professionals||App & CRM developers, system admin|
|What is the average salary?||$99,000 per annum||$141,000 per annum|
Q1). Is cold calling dead?
Ans: Some interviewees may get defensive, or think this is a trick question. The answer, of course, is no. When all else fails (market conditions, marketing leads, etc.), picking up the phone is the one thing sales reps will always be able to control. But how they cold call – who they call, with what message and offer, at what frequency and cadence – is extremely important. Cold calling must be customer-centric and value-driven to succeed in today’s buyer-centric world.
Q2). Should reps get warm leads or build their own pipelines?
Ans: Similar question, different angle. The right answer is typically to get warm leads, but not because the reps are lazy or can’t successfully build their own business from the ground up. Lead-driven sales are typically more cost effective than having expensive sales reps cold calling. Yes, leads are expensive up-front, but the eventual cost per acquisition and overall lifetime value and margin for the business on those new customers is usually much better when reps are making more efficient use of their time with warm leads.
Q3). What’s the ideal relationship between sales and marketing, and how do you operationalize that?
Ans: It’s more than just inviting marketing to your meetings. The ideal relationship starts with common goals of what success looks like, common definitions of leads, qualified leads, lead stages and short-term opportunities. It’s working together on the same pipeline, and ensuring that success is measured and compensation is dispensed based on overall pipeline performance. Marketing needs to be held accountable for qualified opportunities and closed business. When that alignment takes place, the daily & weekly operational requirements more easily fall into place.
Q4). Should sales reps be paid commission?
Ans: Yes, there are more companies today that put their reps on a salary. But the best reps still want the variability of compensation, because they want the upside. They will happily take the risk (and the occasional bad month or quarter) to earn a C-level paycheck when they hit it out of the park.
Q5). Why don’t you want to make more money as an individual contributor?
Ans: Great question to ask prospective sales managers. The right answer comes down to how many commission checks they want. Sales managers will still have a portion of their compensation come as a performance bonus or commission based on their team’s performance. The best sales managers know they can make far more money as a manager in these conditions, buy not just driving higher sales themselves but improving the performance and consistently higher sales of an entire team. Sales managers still want their money, but they know the upside is actually higher as a manager with a good comp plan.
January 29, 2019
May 26, 2018
May 26, 2018