SAP Simple Logistics Interview Questions and Answers
by Sathish, on Oct 17, 2020 7:35:15 AM
1 . What is SAP S/4 HANA Logistics?
Ans : SAP S/4HANA is a next-generation business suite built on the most advanced in-memory platform. Logistics is used to handle Material Requirement Planning, Inventory Management, Material Valuation, Capacity Planning, Stock keeping, Reordering, Order Management, and Billing, Procurement to help businesses.
2. What Are The Key Innovations Of Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics?
Ans:The key innovations of SAP S/4 Simple Finance Simple Logistics are:
- Material Requirement Planning
- Inventory Management
- Material Valuation
- Available to Promise and Backorder processing
- Capacity Planning
- Order Management and Billing
3. What are the responsibilities of a logistician?
Ans:The Primary role of a logistician is to:
- Manage the supply chain
- Transportation and storage of material
- Transportation management
4. What Are The Deployment Types In Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics?
Ans:SAP S/4 HANA provides various deployment models such as On Premise, Cloud and Hybrid solution. When you deploy S/4 HANA system in the cloud deployment scenario, data replication is performed using the same mechanisms that are used in on-premise installations – SLT. To perform data replication via SLT, SLT portions will have to be available on both the sending (On-premise) and the receiving system (Cloud).
Non-SAP reporting and analytics and additional SAP Simple Finance or partner products need to be connected to the cloud instance or be made available within the cloud installation as required.
- On-Premise Solution – In On-premise deployment model, the customer purchases software and hardware; the operations are managed by the customer itself. All the deployment, implementation and maintenance tasks are performed by the customer. Any new software extensions are handled by on-premise support team.
- Cloud Solution – In this deployment, hardware and software is provided by the cloud solution provider and it is rented to the customer. The cloud service provider is responsible for performing all the updates, extensions, and new implementations.
- Hybrid Solution – In this deployment scenario, some part of the software is run by the client on-premise server owned by the client, and additional solution is provided by the client provider. You need to perform integration between on-premise and cloud environment for better service.
5. What are the types of Sap S/4 Hana users?
Ans:The different types of SAP S/4 HANA Users are:
- Occasional − These users types occasionally use the system and need simple and easy-to-use applications.
- Expert − These users type is a fully trained SAP user who knows the system effectively and uses multiple systems and different UIs.
- Developer − These users are responsible for adaption and extension of existing applications. These users have to access several applications with different user interfaces.
6. What are the MRP procedures in SAP Simple Logistics?
Following MRP types are available:
- Manual reorder point planning
- Automatic reorder point planning
- Forecast-based planning
- Material requirements planning with forecasts for unplanned consumption
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
Consumption-based planning is based on historical consumption values and either uses forecasting or statistical procedures to determine future requirements or just triggers procurement, if the material stock gets low.
For MRP material, normally high value A parts are considered, and the quantity and the desired delivery are the main interest areas. You use Consumption based planning for less critical low value parts B and C.
Manual reorder point planning is the most common type of consumption based planning and involves minimal administrative work to perform this planning. In this planning, the system sets a manually entered reorder point and at the time of planning run it only checks whether the stock has fallen below this reorder point. When the stock is less than this manually entered reorder point, the system triggers procurement to be performed for a fixed lot size.
The Following MRP Procedures are supported in consumption based planning −
- Reorder Point Planning
- Forecast-Based Planning
- Time-Phased Planning
7.Explain what is the difference between logistics and transport?
Ans:The difference between logistics and transport is:
- Logistics: Logistics is referred as the procedure of managing goods, resources and information from the source to the consumers in a manner that it fits the requirements of both parties.
- Transportation: Transport is the movement of the goods from one point to the other. It is considered as part of logistics.
8.What is inventory management in SAP S/4?
Ans: Inventory and warehouse management solutions from SAP enable companies to holistically control goods movements and warehouse operations, from inbound activities to fulfillment, in real time. By integrating real-time data from manufacturing planning, plant maintenance, inventory, and other enterprise resource planning processes, companies can efficiently manage procurement and order processing.
9.With the help of WTS how you can generate an Invoice?
Ans:There are two ways you can generate Invoice using WTS technique:
- One way of creating an invoice is assigning it directly with the orders that you are working on
- And the other way is to export the order to QuickBooks and create the invoice there.
10.Explain What Is Meant By Reverse Logistics?
Ans: Reverse Logistics is the collection of all processes that come into play for goods that move in the reverse directions which means transportation of goods customer to the business.
11.What Are The Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics Scope And Business Benefits?
Ans: SAP S/4HANA?Live Analytic, processing powers of HANA, the innovations based totally on New?Data Models supported by clean?to?use FIORI programs assume to convey following blessings inside the Logistics vicinity.
Sales and Distribution
Production Planning Area
SAP Material Management
Availability Check and Backorder Processing
12. Does Sap S/4hana Simple Logistics Have A (un) Friendly End-user Interface? Why?
Ans: Yes, SAP S/4HANA Simple Logistics is Business Friendly and Process Friendly. It’s user-friendly environment is available on SAP cloud solutions. On-Premise solutions will stay for a long time. Every business cannot be made 100% User-friendly.
13. What are MPS in ERP and MRP in SAP?
Ans: A master production schedule (MPS) is a plan for individual commodities to be produced in each time period such as production, staffing, inventory, etc.. MRP is a part of MPS which is used to determine how the materials procurement are planned. MRP is performed based on the sales of present and future,where in they are used to plan the requirement quantities for production.
14.What does the name of SAP S/4HANA stand for?
Ans: SAP S/4HANA is the short form for SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA. It brings thenext big wave of SAP innovation to our customers, similar to the transition from SAPR/2 to SAP R/3. SAP S/4HANA is a new product with a new code line.
15.How does SAP S/4HANA relate to SAP Simple Finance powered by SAP HANA?
Ans: The SAP Simple Finance solution marked the first step in our SAP S/4 HANA roadmap for customers. The solution has demonstrated the value of simplification (forexample, no indexes, no aggregates, and no redundancies) and instant insight inFinance. SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition leverages the full scope of SAPAccounting powered by SAP HANA included in SAP Simple Finance. SAP S/4HANA,managed cloud edition is intended to leverage the same scope. SAP S/4HANA, publiccloud edition is planned to focus on a selected scope of SAP Simple Finance inalignment with the key requirements in finance.
16.What is the benefit to the data model for using an in-memory platform?
Ans: SAP S/4HANA delivers high-volume transaction processing (OLTP) and high volumereal-time analytical processes (OLAP) based on a unified data model without theredundant data layers typically required by traditional RDBMS based systems. Thisreduces TCO while providing new opportunities to increase business value fromexisting investments. Examples for redundant data layers are custom-built layersbased on database tuning efforts such as secondary indexes, or application built-inperformance accelerators such as aggregate tables or multiple general ledgerversions for different managerial reporting needs.
17.What Are The Key Benefits Of Sap Integrated Business Planning?
Ans: The following are the key benefits of SAP Integrated Business Planning:
End-to-quit supply chain visibility
Unified, included, and cross-departmental planning approach
Simple and easy-to-use consumer interface
Advanced call for sensing, analysis, and predictive forecasting
Embedded social collaboration and MS Excel-primarily based making plans
SAP ABAP Tutorial
18.Explain what is activity based costing?
Ans: it is a method which helps in the breakdown of the costs into specific activities in order to maintenance of accuracy in the distribution of costs in product costing.
19.Explain what is WTS (Warehouse Tracking System)? How does it work?
Ans: WTS or Warehouse Tracking System is a software application which is specifically designed for the warehouse industry. It uses the system of barcode labels which allows you to track product movement, audits and shipments easily. It enables you to identify each piece of stock by a unique serial number.
20. Mention what is the role of the persistence layer in SAP HANA?
Ans:SAP HANA has an in-memory computing engine and access the data straightaway without any backup. To avoid the risk of losing data in case of hardware failure or power cutoff, persistence layer comes as a savior and stores all the data in the hard drive which is not volatile.
21.Mention what is modeling studio?
Ans:Modeling studio in HANA performs multiple task like
- Declares which tables are stored in HANA, first part is to get the meta-data and then schedule data replication jobs
- Manage Data Services to enter the data from SAP Business Warehouse and other systems
- Manage ERP instances connection, the current release does not support connecting to several ERP instances
- Use data services for the modeling
- Do modeling in HANA itself
- essential licenses for SAP BO data services
22.Mention what is the role of master controller job in SAP HANA?
Ans:The job is arranged on demand and is responsible for
- Creating database triggers and logging table into the source system
- Creating Synonyms
- Writing new entries in admin tables in SLT server when a table is replicated/loaded
23.Name various components of SAP HANA?
- SAP HANA DB
- SAP HANA Studio
- SAP HANA Appliance
- SAP HANA Application Cloud
24. Explain what happens if the replication is suspended for a longer period of time or system outage of SLT or HANA system?
If the replication is suspended for a longer period of time, the size of the logging tables increases.
25.Mention what is latency?
Latency is referred to the length of time to replicate data from the source system to the target system.
26.Mention the two types of Relational Data stored in HANA?
The two types of relational data stored in HANA includes
- Row Store
- Column Store