AIX Interview Questions and Answers
by Sathish, on Oct 17, 2020 8:22:23 AM
Q1.What is AIX?
Ans : Advanced Interactive eXecutive (at first Advanced IBM uniX) is a framework V dependent on AT&T part of Unix.
Framework V was the base framework for apple organize worker and DEC frameworks on mid 80s and later for xenix and SCO
It was created to run on RISC PC design and it was upheld in the first IBM PS/2 MCA
Since the underlying AIX discharge in 1986, IBM improvement groups have included and upgraded AIX in regions
of execution (SMT, ASO, DSO); investigation (NMON); virtualization (DLPARs); (Security Expert, scrambled document frameworks); diagnostics (Probvue); Open Source (AIX tool compartment for Linux);
furthermore, the executives (live update, combination with PowerVM, PowerSC, PowerHA)
Q2.Explain the login procedure to the AIX framework.
Ans: AIX is a multi-client framework
When the client login he needs to give the client name and secret key for validation purposes.
After the effective login, AIX begins the SHELL program.
How will you do the reflecting in AIX?
Q3. How will you do the mirroring in AIX?
Ans: First select the circle which you need to use for the mirror, perfect would be a plate which is connected to a different scsi connector.
At that point add the circle to the datavg like:
extendvg datavg hdiskx
than you can make the mirror by utilizing the mirrorvg order ,
mirrorvg - m datavg hdiskx
hdiskx is your goal plate !
After that Quorum will be incapacitated for the volumegroup ,to initiate this the volumgroup must be shifted off and differed on. You can add the - S banner to the order which makes the synchronizing of the plates occur out of sight. A more simple alternative is to make the reflecting without anyone else by making duplicates of each different consistent volume, this should be possible by utilizing the mklvcopy order. To evacuate reflecting , utilize the unmirrorvg order or the rmlvcopy order.
Q4.How Do I Know If My Volume Group Is Normal, Big, Or Scalable?
Ans: Run the lsvg order on the volume group and take a gander at the incentive for MAX PVs.
The worth is 32 for ordinary, 128 for enormous and 1,024 for adaptable volume group.
Q5.What is AIX record framework?
- AIX utilizes a various leveled record tree that comprises of catalogs, subdirectories and documents.
- The high level catalog is known as the root (/) registry that has numerous subdirectories.
- The record tree is mounted during the framework startup.
Q6. Write the console easy routes utilized on AIX terminal.
Ans: Backspace : to address botches.
- <ctrl+c> : ends the right order and come back to the shell.\
- <ctrl+d> : end of transmission or end of document
- <ctrl+s> : impermanent stops the yield to the screen
- <ctrl+q> : resumes yield which was halted by ctrl+s
- <ctrl+u> : eradicates the whole line.
Q7. How Do I Display All Logical Volumes That Are Part Of A Volume Group (e,g, Rootvg)?
Ans: You can display every consistent volume that are a piece of rootvg by composing the accompanying order: #lsvg - l rootvg/
Q8. Explain the benefits of Bourne Again Shell or slam?
Ans: Bash is the GNU shell
- Bash is a sh-good shell that fuses helpful highlights from the Korn shell (ksh) and C shell (csh).
- It is expected to adjust to the IEEE POSIX P1003.2/ISO 9945.2 Shell and Tools standard.
- It offers practical upgrades over sh for both programming and intelligent employments.
- Interactive utilization incorporates order line altering, boundless size order history, work control, shell capacities
what's more, nom de plumes, listed varieties of boundless size, what's more, whole number math in any base from two to sixty-four. Slam can run most sh contents without change.
Q9. What is VGSA in AIX?
Ans: Volume Group Status Area it contains the information about physical segment
from every physical volume of a similar volume group. It contains the status of VG.
Q10. How do you run 64-piece applications on AIX 4.3.3? On AIX 5.1? What else may you need to consider on an AIX 5 machine?
- AIX 4.3.3 just accompanies a 32-piece part, so you have to guarantee that 64-piece application support is empowered (through the load64bit passage in/and so forth/inittab or done by means of SMIT).
- For AIX 5.1, either utilize a similar technique as AIX 4.3.3 OR design the framework to utilize a genuine 64-piece bit. On the off chance that you utilize a genuine 64-piece portion, any 32-piece application won't run.
Q11. How Do I Display Routing Table, Interface And Protocol Information?
Ans: To display routing table information for an Internet interface,
type netstat - r - f inet. To display interface information for an Internet interface,
type netstat - I - f inet. To display statistics for every protocol, type netstat - s - f inet.
Q12. Give the brief about man order?
Ans: The man order will glance in the on-line manual for information on the orders, subroutines and records with the name title. This information will be introduced on the screen each page in turn for the client to peruse.
The information comprises of:
Reason : The title and a one-line depiction of the order
Language structure : The grammar of the order
Depiction : Many pages of information about the capacity and utilization of the
order with models
Banners : Description of available options
Records : Any framework documents related with the order
RELATED INFO : The names of any related orders
BUGS : Any information about the conduct/execution of the order in bizarre conditions
Q13. When may the savebase order be utilized?
Ans: After rolling out manual improvements to the CuAt, CuDv, CuDvDr, CuDep, or CuVPD ODM classes (otherwise known as the device design database),
these classes must be spared into the boot picture in the boot sensible volume. On the off chance that they are not spared, there is a hazard run that the progressions won't be spared at boot.
Note that the chdev order (and others) will cause savebase to be run.
Q14. What is VGDA?
Ans:Volume Group Descriptor Area. It contains the information about volume group to which
the physical volume has a place with. It likewise contains the information about physical partitions,
legitimate partitions and intelligent volumes.
Q15. What is the impact of setting the ordinary mode bootlist to cd0 first and hdisk0 second?
Ans: The machine will boot from the CDROM into upkeep mode automatically if a boot CD has been embedded.
If not, the machine will boot from the plate into ordinary mode.
Q16. Two conditions of device accessibility and clarify them?
Ans: Available state and characterized state. At the point when device is in characterized state it implies it can't utilize.
Not in prepared state. Run cfgmgr attempt to make available known in the framework that device. Available state implies that device is prepared to utilize
# lsdev - Cc plate
It displays which plates are available
Q17. Which document that error daemon remain?
Q18. How would i be able to change the characteristics of a volume group?
Ans: You utilize the chvg order to change the characteristics of a volume group.
Q19. Write the order design in AIX group.
- $ order option(s) argument(s)
- Mail – f newmail
- The order or procedure name should start things out.
- The options ought to follow the order name, isolated by a space, and went before by a short sign (- ). Various options might be grouped following a solitary less sign or isolated by spaces and each went before by a short sign
Q20. How does cfgmgr work distinctive while designing each?
Ans:Internal SCSI drives are found each in turn by request of their SCSI ID (i.e., their opening location).
SSA drives are found by their SSA sequential number, which has nothing to do with their space in the cabinet.
Q21. What is major number?
Ans: A major number alludes to a type of device. A device number is a major number, also, a minor number determines a specific device of that type or now and again the operation method of that device type.
Q22. How Do I Display Routing Table, Interface And Protocol Information?
Ans:To display routing table information for an Internet interface, type netstat - r - f inet. To display interface information for an Internet interface, type netstat - I - f inet. To display statistics for every protocol, type netstat - s - f inet.
Q23. Write clear, echo, print and banner order?
- Clear: clears the terminal sign
- $ clear
- echo : Writes what follows to the screen.
- $ echo Lunch is at 12:00
- Lunch is at 12:00
- Banner : Writes character strings in enormous letters to the screen
- $ banner Hello
- $ print Lunch is at 12:00
- Lunch is at 12:00
Q24. Types of Installation?
Ans: New and complete overwrite
Q25. List some common sites to download freeware tools for AIX?
- IBM storehouse of Linux freeware for AIX