Maximo Interview Questions and Answers
by Sathish, on Jun 11, 2021 8:24:06 PM
1. What is IBM Maximo?
Ans: IBM Maximo is an asset management tool that allows the users to manage the assets from a single system. Using this single system company can have a glance over the full life cycle of their organizational assets, which includes production, communication, infrastructure, transportation, and a lot more.
2.What types of assets are focuses in IBM Maximo?
- Plant and production (for example oil, gas, chemicals, mining, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food, electronics, and power generation)
- Infrastructure (including railways, highways, telecommunications, water and wastewater, and electric and gas distribution networks)
- Transportation (for military, airlines, trucking, shipping, rail, and other use)
- Real estate and facilities (for example, in offices, schools, and hospitals)
3.What Are Various Modules Of Maximo?
Ans: The various modules of maximo are as follows:
- Application Designer.
- Database Configuration
- Integration Module
- Workflow Administration
- Change Request
- Workflow Designer
- Cron Task
- System Properties
4. What are system properties?
Ans: We will use the System Properties application to manage system properties and the values of the system properties that various components use.
5. what percentage of ways Integration is employed in IBM Maximo?
Ans: There are 5 ways
1. to make the thousands of classification in Maximo in just one occasion only.
2. To upload IN and SR in the tool in only one click.
3. To create multiple user ids in Maximo.
4. to make the automated tickets in Maximo on receiving the alerts or any message, that we integrated Maximo with Netcool.
5. We can integrate Maximo with Tivoli Directory Server by using Tivoli Directory Integrator, by creating a production line in TDI.
Various Integration framework components are as follows: •
– Object structures
– External systems
– Web services
6.What is the way to defaulting to the incorrect priority number in Maximo?
Ans: Whenever a WO is input, as soon because the page is saved, the priority number defaults to #4. this is often the primary time in two years this issue has come up.
7. What are the advantages of Maximo, versus other similar systems?Ans: Scalable. regardless of what size you’re now, it can handle future expansion
8.Define Start Center in Maximo?
Ans: Start Center is nothing but a view of Maximo when you log in to it. The start center can be configured by the system admin according to the business needs. There can various tabs on the start center. Maximo admin can include day-to-day tasks on it, or any message or any news on the bulletin board. Your various tickets IN/SR can be shown on them.
Short cuts to various applications required by the end-user can also be provided at your start center. The start center can also be configured according to the security groups, i.e. different views for a different person or according to the need and requirement of the Business.
9.How To Show Sum Of Instead Count(*) On Resultsetgraph Of Maximo Start Center?
Ans: I have to create a Result set graph in Maximo Start Center that shows the sum of actual labor hours instead of showing count(*) on Y-axis. for example, if siteid ‘ABC’ has three work orders ‘1001’,’1002′, and ‘1003’ in work order table with 3,2 and 4 actual labor hours respectively then I have to create a resultset(or resultset graph) that show this site ‘ABC’ and its labor hours sum 3+2+4=9, instead of showing count 3 on Y-axis. Please help me to resolve this issue…thanks in advance.
10.What Is Inbound Email Integration?
Ans: Inbound email integration – TSRM can process inbound emails and automatically create or update tickets with the details. In the Bharti environment, a notes application has been provided to end-users to enable them to create, update and query tickets with ease. This application generates an XML and sends it via email to TSRM. Based on the OLM id of the user, the mail is sent to one of 3 email ids, or . TSRM polls the mailboxes of these 3 ids periodically and processes the mails to create or query tickets. The details of the configuration is provided below
Notes Application: A notes application is provided to users to create or query tickets in TSRM as shown. It can be used to query or create.
11. How to Import Workflow in Maximo 7.1?
Ans: Procedure Import Workflow in Maximo 7.1
- Object structure, publish channel, Enterprise services can be duplicated from migration to make it used by the integration process and if it is not in migration/Integration then follow the steps given below to create it manually
- Turn Admin mode off before import.
- The sequential queue processes message one at a time, in a first-in-first-out Sequence and as we are using sequential queue the error files if generated should be cleared from the error folder from the a-global directory
- Cron task set up- JMSQSEQCONSUMER to make this cron task active for sequential queue
- Create MEA Global directory, if it does not exist. Give the details of this in System Properties & all End Points that will be used.
- Enable Message Tracking from select action menu for Enterprise Services created below
- Create End Point & External System only once as per steps given below & can be used multiple times.
12.What Are Differences Between Table Domain And Cross Over Domain In IBM Maximo?
- Table Domains: This domain produces a dynamic set of values. These values are derived by specifying the attributes of an object in the database.
- Cross over Domains: Crossover domain does not produce a list but retrieves a value from another Record. You program Maximo to bring it from one field to another, typically from one application to another
13.What Is Communication Templates In Ibm Maximo?
Ans: To create and manage generic communication templates that Maximo Users can leverage to standardize frequently used e-mail communications (Notifications)
14.Explain All The Status Of An Incident In Maximo?
- NEW: The initial status of a ticket after you create it or inserts it. You cannot revert to this status after you change it.
- QUEUED: Ticket ownership has been assigned to a person or a group. Ownership assignment can be made manually or might be made automatically using workflow, a service level agreement, or another escalation process. For more information, see the Workflow help, or the Service Level Agreements help.
- INPROG: In progress. Someone is working on this ticket. The first time a ticket reaches this status, the system populates the Actual Start field if it is empty.
- PENDING: An action on this ticket is pending (for example, vendor or user call-back, or waiting for parts).
- RESOLVED: Information has been gathered and routed, service has been restored or a solution has been provided. The first time a ticket reaches this status, the system populates the Actual Finish field if it is empty. If needed, you can reopen a ticket and change the status from RESOLVED to INPROG (in progress).
- CLOSED: The ticket becomes a historical record. When a record is closed, you cannot change the status. You can, however, edit certain parts of the historical record.
15. what’s the beginning Center in Maximo?
Ans: Start Center is nothing but a view of Maximo once you log in thereto . the beginning center is often configured by the system admin consistent with the business needs. There can various tabs on the beginning center. Maximo admin can include day-to-day tasks thereon, or any message or any news on the bulletin board. Your various tickets IN/SR are often shown on them. Short cuts to varied applications required by the end-user also can be provided on your start center. the beginning center also can be configured consistent with the safety groups, i.e. different views for a special person or consistent with the necessity and requirement of Business.
16.Various controls within the Application Designer Tool in IBM Maximo?
Ans: Tab group: A container for adding tabs. Tab: a private tab during a tab group. Section: A container for adding controls like section columns, section rows, fields, buttons, combo boxes, and checkboxes. Section Column: A column during a section. Section Row: A row during a section. Section Header: A container to label a neighborhood or a table window, with the potential to display dynamic values in its label. This control contains the parameter values control which may be a container for the parameter value control. Parameter Values: A container for the parameter value control to be utilized in sections and table windows.
17.What are the domains we’ve in Maximo?
Ans: There are 6 Domains as mentioned bellow
- Alphanumeric Domains
- Numeric Domains
- Numeric Range Domains
- Table Domains
- Crossover Domains
- Synonym Domains
18. What Is the Use Of Maxobject, Maxattribute, And Max presentation?
MaxObject: In this table the actual definition of the MBO is stored.
MaxAttribute: Describes all the attributes like data type of the attribute, its length, is it persistent or not, does it have any validation class attached to it.
MaxPresentation: Actual presentation XML of any application is stored.
19.What is the data storage level? Explain all the levels?
Ans: The system stores application data at one of the following four levels:
System-level: The data is available to all organizations and sites.
Set level: a special category by which multiple organizations can share items and vendor company data, data that the system stores by default at the organization level.
Organization level: The data is available to only the specified organization and all sites within the organization.
Site-level: the data is available to only the specified site.
20. What Are The Instance Properties In System Properties?Ans: An instance property is defined and associated with a specific system server.
For example, you can configure the system property, mxe.Cron task.do not run, to be an instance-specific property. To perform this configuration, access the System Properties application. In the Instance Properties table window, associate the more.Cron task.do not run system property with a specific server (for example, MXServer1) and a value applies only to that server (for example, a value of BBCron). As a result, the Bulletin Board cron task (BBCron) does not run on MXServer1; however, BBCron can run in another system instance, such as MXServer2.