IBM MDM Interview Questions and Answers
by Sachin, on Jul 29, 2022 10:55:42 PM
Q1. What is IBM MDM tool?
Q2. How does MDM IBM work?
Q3. What is MDM security?
Q4. What is MDM CE?
Q5. What can MDM monitor?
Q6. What is MDM configuration?
Q7. What is MDM policy?
A mobile device management policy establishes rules for how mobile devices are used and secured within your company. Without mobile usage guidelines, you leave your company open to cybersecurity threats, theft and corporate espionage attempts.
Q8. How does MDM prevent cyber attacks?
Q9. What big changes does this upgrade bring?
- IBM brought together Initiate Master Data Service (MDS), InfoSphere MDM Server (MDM), and InfoSphere MDM Server for PIM into a single market offering as InfoSphere MDM v10. The market offering contained four editions: standard, advanced, collaboration, and enterprise.
- In InfoSphere MDM v11, IBM further unified the products from a technology perspective. Specifically, the legacy Initiate MDS and MDM Server products were combined together into a single technology platform.
- This is a significant achievement that positions IBM to address the “MDM Journey” that is much talked about. It allows clients to start with a Registry Style (or “Virtual Hub”, which is easier to start with and then transition to a Hybrid or Centralized Style (or “Physical Hub”). The key differentiator is the true implementation of the Hybrid Style.
- The whole product has been re-architected under the covers to use the OSGi framework, which is different from the old EAR-based process and comes with a host of new technological features and promises.
Q10. What problems does this upgrade solve?
Version 11 promises to deliver improved efficiency by integrating the standard and advanced editions – basically combining the traditional MDM and the Initiate Master Data Service – which means a number of duplicated functions are removed. There have also been some batch processor improvements.
Security is now on by default, which of course helps to minimize potential future issues and ensure that only the people who need to see the data can see the data.
In general, though, this upgrade is less about solving “problems” than it is about moving forward and enhancing existing efficiencies and strengths. This upgrade is an evolution more than a revolution.
Q11. How is MDM different than UEM?
The main difference between MDM and EMM is that MDM manages all the features of the device while EMM manages the entire device. EMM provides policy compliance, app customization, data and document security and incorporates into the network directory services.
Q12. What is MDM in data warehousing?
Q13. What is the difference between MAM and MDM?
Q14. What is MDM architecture?
Q15. What are the four types of MDM?
There are four master data management (MDM) implementation styles, and their different characteristics suit different organizational needs. These include consolidation, registry, centralized and, ultimately, coexistence.
Q16. How does this impact a business-end user?
Working with a more modern MDM means less need to upgrade in the future, and future upgrades using OSGi are easier to implement. Version 11 comes with an increased feature set – Big Data, virtual/physical MDM, etc – that will allow much better creation of business value from the data that you already have. Increased or improved integration with other products, like InfoSphere Data Explorer or InfoSphere BigInsights, is another big plus for those already invested in IBM products.
Q17. How does this impact an IT user?
- Improved performance from MDM 11, WAS 8.5, newer versions of DB2/Oracle
- Improved MDM 11 workbench
- Much smaller code base to track – just customized projects – the end result being a much smaller deployable artifact
- Enforced security
- Streamlined installation – basically same for workbench and server which helps to improve the experience for the developer who also performs installation
- Batch processor improvements
- Initiate users gain the benefits of
a) Event notification
b) Address standardization via QS