Dojo Interview Questions and Answers
by Mohammed, on May 18, 2018 5:27:00 PM
Q1. What is DOJO?
Q2. What is the basic structure in Dojo?
|The basic directory structure of the application is very simple and it will evolve later:|
|/index.html - The application entry point.|
|/app - The application module.|
|/app/main.js - The main script for app module.|
Q3. What are all the features of DOJO.
- Widgets e.g. Menus, Sorted Tables, 2-D vector drawing etc.
- Asynchronous Communication - It is the main feature of AJAX due to which information is exchanged and updated but page is not refreshed.
- Packaging System - It provides modular development of functionality in individual or sub packages.
- Client-Side Data Storage - Dojo Storage provides web-apps to store client side data in browsers.
- Server-Side Data Storage - It implements under dojo.data namespace. Example- Csv Store, Opmi Store, Yahoo Store, Delicious Store, Rdf Store.
Q4. What is Package System in Dojo?
- Package system takes care that only needed files are included.
- By that name the package can be taken in use dojo.require(dojo.string).
- One has not to remember any file or directory names.
- Only dojo.js has to be included into HTML document.
- That file takes care of initialization of Dojo.
- There is a couple of pre packaged builds that consist of different kinds of packages e.g. Widget, event or IO builds.
Q5. What is the difference between dojox, mobile, parser and dojo.parser?
Ans: Some of the advanced features of dojo.parser, such as <script type=”dojo/method”> and <script type=”dojo/connect”>, are missing. Basic features are compatible with dojo.parser
Q6. List the advantages of DOJO.
- Regular Expression
- Associative Array
- Object and Classes
- Loosely typed variables
Q7. What is the point in Dojo?
- Developer has not to use any strange programming language.
- Dojo ups abstraction layer in a higher level.
- Developer has not to reinvent wheel when starting programming project.
Q8. What is Widget Toolkit in Dojo?
- Widget toolkit is also a very noticeable part of Dojo toolkit
- Widget is a user interface object that has a layout and some properties
- Dojo has lots of useful widgets e.g. Tabs, sorting table, dialogs
Q9. Do You Know Why Does In Many Of Tests Html Files Have Style="visibility:hidden;"?
Ans: It is to prevent raw HTML rendering result from being shown before dojo’s rendering finishes. The visibility will be restored by the initialization code in dojox/mobile/common.
Q10. What Is The Relation Between Ajax And Dojo?
- Dojo is sometimes advertised as AJAX framework
- It is able to make AJAX requests with Dojo
- But the technique of binding is under the abstraction layer that Dojo has.
Q11. What are Application Support Libraries in Dojo?
- Consist of the most interesting routines.
- IO package provides routines e.g. for AJAX binding.
- DND package provides routines for drag-and-drop operations.
- There is also some useful routines in logging, storage and animation packages.
Q12. Give some components that comes along with Dojo framework.
- DOJO Tree
- DOJO Button
- DOJO Calendar control
- DOJO Grid
- DOJO List box
- and many more..
Q13. Difference between DOJO and jQuery.
|It is a java script framework.||It is a java script library.|
|High network bandwidth requires.||Works good in low network bandwidth.|
|Few browser supports.||Almost all browser supports.|
|It has built-in function.||It has plug-in.|
Q14. What are modules in DOJO?
Ans: In Dojo, Modules are individual codes that can be loaded separately. They are identified using a string that is similar to the file path where the code is defined. Example: my/module/class.
Q15. Describe Language Libraries in DOJO.
Ans: It is the wrapper for common idioms which consist of functional programming API's
Example: dojo.lang.forEach, dojo.lang.map, dojo.lang.assert.
Q16. What are the disadvantages of Dojo?
- Even if Dojo is nice, beautiful etc, it is quite heavy.
- The documentation is still quite narrow.
- Needs much network.
- Developer depends on the browser support for the Dojo.
- There is no way to hide the Dojo code in case of commercial application.
Q17. Write a code for widget in Dojo?
Q18. What are the advantages or benefits of Dojo?
- Associative arrays.
- Loosely typed variables.
- Regular expressions.
- Objects and classes.
- Highly evolved date, math, and string libraries.
- W3C DOM support in the Dojo.
Q19. Tell Us About Language Libraries In Dojo?
- Wrappers for common idioms
- Functional programming APIs
Q20. Explain Whether Dojo Is A Part Of Ajax And Distinguishes Their Roles?
Q21. Mention What Are The Limitations Of Dojo?
Limitation of Dojo are :
- It needs much network
- Developer remains dependent on the browser support for the Dojo
- In the case of commercial application there is no way to hide the Dojo code
- Documentation is quite narrow
- In the case of commercial application there is no way to hide the Dojo code.
Q22. Can You Set The Tab Focus Sequence For Destop Browsers?
Ans: Yes, use the tabindex attribute for this purpose. IconItem, IconMenuItem, ListItem, TabBarButton and ToolBarButton all have the tabindex attribute initially set to 0 by default.
Q23. Are Applications Keyboard Accessible On Desktop Browsers?
Ans: Yes, except for ScrollableView and SwapView. These widgets require alternative ways to scroll and flip, ex. buttons.