Peoplesoft Interview Questions and Answers
by Mohammed, on Mar 22, 2018 5:41:03 PM
Q1. What is PeopleSoft?
Ans: PeopleSoft is an organization that provides e-business application software over the internet. It provides software for Human resource management, Supply chain management, CRM or Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Performance Management and so on.
Q2. Explain what does PeopleSoft query is used for?
Ans: PeopleSoft query is a way to generate ad-hoc and scheduled reports quickly from any source data stored in your PeopleSoft tables. User can build and execute queries using any supported web browsers.
Q3. What is People Soft integration broker?
Ans: People soft integration broker provides SOA (service oriented architecture) technology, and enables the transferring of asynchronous and synchronous service operations. You can use the PeopleSoft integration broker to
- To execute synchronous and asynchronous messaging among internal as well as third party systems
- Delivers PeopleSoft business logic as web services to PeopleSoft and third party systems
- Invoke and consume web services from third party and PeopleSoft systems
Q4. What are the two important components of PeopleSoft integration broker?
Ans: The two important components of PeopleSoft integration includes
- Integration gateway: It is a platform that regulates the receipt and delivery of service operations passed among systems via PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Integration engine: It is an application server process that routes service operation to and from PeopleSoft application transforms service operation structure and translates data as per the specification
Q5. What is Related Content in PeopleSoft?
Ans: In PeopleSoft, related content services are the framework within which administrators can contextually link application pages with collaborative content in any PeopleSoft application.
Q6. What is PeopleSoft Multi-Channel framework?
Ans: PeopleSoft multi-channel framework provides an integrated infrastructure to support multiple interaction channels for call center agents or other PeopleSoft users who must respond to notifications and incoming requests. PeopleSoft multi-channel framework supports following channels.
- Web collaboration (Chat)
- Voice (Telephone)
- Instant Messaging
Q7. How many ways you can run an application engine program in PeopleSoft ?
Ans: You can run an application in five ways
- Application designer
- Process Scheduler
- AE people tools
- Calling people code
- Command line prompt(dos)
Q8. What are the main attributes of a Component Interface (CI)?
Ans: Keys, Properties & Collections, Methods and Name
Q9. Explain how you can export SQL results to Excel using SQLPLUS?
Ans: To export SQL results to Excel using SQLPLUS, you have to follow the following steps
- Step 1: Login into data-base using SQL PLUS
- Step 2: Set mark-up using command “ SET MARKUP HTML ON”
- Step 3: Spool the output to a file “SPOOL C:\TEMP\MYOUTPUT.XLS”
- Step 4: Execute your SQL QUERY
- Step 5: Set the Spool off
- Step 6: To view the output open the output XLS file
Q10. What is the role of PeopleSoft component Interfaces?
Ans: PeopleSoft component interfaces give a way to use the PeopleSoft database without using a graphical user interface. A component interface wraps PeopleSoft component, which is a logical grouping of PeopleSoft pages representing a complete business transaction.
Q11. Explain File Interfaces in PeopleSoft?
Ans: PeopleSoft interfaces provide the ability to exchange files with third-party system or legacy system that do not support messaging. Files are exchanged using file layouts.
File Layouts supports following file types
- Comma delimited files
- Fixed format sequential files
- XML files
Q12. In what all ways you can use PeopleSoft Query?
Ans: PeopleSoft query can be used
- To display data in a grid
- To run queries as a discrete process
- To schedule a query
- To download query results to XML and Excel spreadsheet
- To cater as a data source for Crystal Reports
- To decide to whom to forward information
- To cater as a data source for defining online analytical processing cube (OLAP)
- To create a data source for PeopleSoft and Vision reports
Q13. What is the use of Publish Utility in PeopleSoft?
Ans: The publish utility automates the procedure of copying the contents of the entire table into a legacy system or remote database
Q14. Mention where you can add a value to the underlying table in PeopleSoft?
Ans: In PeopleSoft, you can add a value into the “prompt table with no edit”.
Q15. Mention what are the tools are provided by PeopleSoft for testing your integration development?
Ans: The tools that are provided by PeopleSoft for testing your integration development
- Send master utility
- Simple post utility
- Automated integration point testing
- Transformation test utility
- Handler tester
- Schema tester
Q16. Mention what is the role of Schema Tester?
Ans: The Schema Tester utility allows you to validate rowset-based and non-rowset-based messages against message schemas during development to determine if messages link to defined message schemas.
Q17. Mention what does feed publishing framework provides?
Ans: Feed publishing framework provides
- A set of API’s and code samples to assist application developers in making new types of feeds and synchronizing them with existing features
- Unified interfaces for administrative users and content owners to create, configure and maintained feed definition of various types
- Interfaces for end users to explore related feeds and search feed definitions
Q18. Explain in what ways you can create exceptions in PeopleSoft?
Ans: In PeopleSoft, exceptions are handled in two ways
- Creating an exception base class that wraps the built-in function call and handles its function parameters consistently, which is more common way
- By calling the built-in function CreateException
Q19. Mention what are the different types of service operation does PeopleSoft Integration Broker provides?
Ans: PeopleSoft integration broker supports four types of services
- Asynchronous one-way
- Asynchronous response/request
- Asynchronous to synchronous
Q20. Mention what all technical things can PeopleSoft billing can do?
Ans: With this application of PeopleSoft many things can be done like
- Create bills
- Receive billing data from other PeopleSoft applications
- Receive billing data from other applications
- Create recurring bills, installment bills, inter & intraunit bills and so on
- Review and validate bills
- Adjust invoices
- Calculate sales, use, and value-added taxes
- Defer revenue accounting and so on
Q21. How the voucher build process flow works in PeopleSoft?
Ans: The voucher build process consists of two sub-processes voucher edit and pre-edit. The pre-edit sub-processes create skeleton voucher record sets from the partial information that you provided online using the components like Quick Invoice Entry (VCHR_QUICK_PNL) or the Summary Invoice Entry (VCHR_SUMM_PNL), or that it obtains from other sources. After the pre-edit sub-process creates voucher record sets successfully, it calls the voucher edit sub-process to complete the record sets.
PeopleSoft Technical Interview Questions
Q1. What are the main attributes of a Component Interface (CI)?
Ans: Keys, Properties & Collections, Methods and Name
Q2. Question based on changing prompt table, what happens when changing from NO EDIT TO EDIT option?
Ans: User can type only prompt table values and the default values gets populated from the database
Q3. Customization done in Dev DB, Which tool I will use to move it to Prod DB?
Ans: Use App Designer and Go Tools > Copy Project > To Database
Q4. How many Message nodes are possible for a database?
Q5. How will you get a single output by combining two or more queries?
Q6. Which Data Type is NOT supported by the PeopleCode programming environment?
Q7. What are the statuses available in PeopleSoft Domain Status Menu?
Ans: Server, Client and Queue Status
Q8. What are parts of an AE program?
Ans: Section, Step and Action
Q9. You can specifically trace the activity of the PSAPPSRV server process by setting the?
Q10. Where will you configure failover of Application Server ?
Q11. What Record Changes does not affect Database?
Ans: Change in List box in Record Field properties
Q12. Can a PeopleTools 8.4x and a PeopleTools 8.1x database runs on the same machine?
Ans: Yes, databases can co-exist on the same physical machine In most cases, the databases themselves can exist within the same RDBMS; however, it is important to verify that the database version required by PeopleTools is the same as for the current PeopleTools x implementation.
Q13. Does Application Messaging work between 8.1x and 8.4x applications?
Ans: Application Messaging is used by PeopleSoft applications to communicate with one another This is true not just for x and applications, but also between an x and an application For example, the HRMS applications, which are based on PeopleTools , can communicate with Financials applications, which are based on PeopleTools , using Application Messaging If specific issues materialize relating to the Application Messages published by certain applications, these new messages will be made available to customers
Q14. You want to update your password and enter a hint for forgotten password What would you access?
Ans: User Profile
Q15. Which Web Services is only used as a Proxy Server?
Q16. A Customer wants to use a new Image in HRMS, where it is stored?
Ans: DB Server
Q17. Which PeopleCode debugging tools automatically converts values of any data type other than object into string values for viewing during debugging?
Ans: Win Message
Q18. I have created a Menu and a Page and given user access to that page, which of the tables gets affected in this scenario?
Ans: PeopleTools Tables
Q19. Which command is valid in both bootstrap and regular mode when operating the data mover?
Q20. PeopleCode events pertaining to Record Field:
Ans: FieldEdit, Save Edit and Row Delete
Q21. What views available in Application Designer project workspace?
Ans: Development and Upgrade
Q22. Which of the record definitions in PeopleSoft is NOT stored on the database and is therefore NOT required to be built?
Ans: Derived/Work Record
Q23. You have downloaded an Application fix as a project from the customer connection Where would you upgrade it to?
Q24. PS Query definition is stored on which server?
Ans: DB Server
Q25. How do you login into Boot strap mode?
Ans: Using DB Access Id
Q26. Which peoplecode event is fired after the database is updated?
Q27. For downloading patches and fixes, you have gone to the customer connection and see Report IDS like R-CCHEN-VPJM What does R stand for?
Q28. In which one of the following views would you see the fields, criteria, and other details associated with the current query?
Ans: Query view
Q29. PeopleSoft tracks object changes using a system table. Which PeopleTools System table is used to track object changes?
Q30. Which process is used for running AE programs which are to be run at a frequency of less than a day?