At the end of the course the participants should be able to:
1. Understand Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts
2. Use ERwin r9 for developing the Data Warehouse and Data Marts building with Staging Area
3. Create Dimensions and Facts tables with Granularity
4. Use ETL Tool Talend 5.x for loading the data into staging and warehouse/data marts for various Data Migration, Replication and Integration Projects
5. Use BI Tool Tableau 9.x for building and managing the operational and Analytical reports with dashboards
Who should go for this course?
The following professionals can go for this course:
1. Data warehousing enthusiasts
2. Analytics Managers
3. Data Modelers
4. ETL Developers and BI Developers
Why learn Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence?
All the successful companies have been investing large sums of money in business intelligence and data warehousing tools and technologies. Up-to-date, accurate and integrated information about their supply chain, products and customers are critical for their success.
With the advent of Mobile, Social and Cloud platform, today's business intelligence tools have evolved and can be categorized into five areas, including databases, extraction transformation and load (ETL) tools, data quality tools, reporting tools and statistical analysis tools. This course will provide a strong foundation around Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence fundamentals and sophisticated tools like Talend, Tableau and ERwin
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?
The pre-requisites for this course include basic knowledge of SQL, General Relational Database (Oracle), Microsoft Windows GUI, Basic Unix, Windows Command line.
Towards the end of the Course, you will be working on a live project where you will be using Adventure Work Dataset, Sales Dataset to perform various Data and Reporting Analytics.
Project #1 : Creation of Sales Data Warehouse & Data Marts.
Industry : Retail
Data : North-wind/Adventure Works dataset.
Problem Statement : Creation Sales Data Mart using ERwin r9
Project #2 : Transaction Analysis for Retail
Industry : Retail
Data : Sales data from Real time retail project. (Data will be masked)
Problem Statement : Analysing & Loading Retail Transaction Data using Talend.
Project #3 : Transaction Analysis for Retail Analytics
Industry : Retail
Data : Real Time Retail Analytics Dashboard Project.
Problem Statement : Building Real Time Retail Analytics Dashboard using Tableau.
Introduction to Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will get an introduction of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence with various ETL Tools and BI Tools with ERwin r9 Data Modeling.
- Topics - What is Data Warehousing?, Definitions by W.H. Inmon [Top-Down Design], Ralph Kimball [Bottom-Up Design], Inmon Vs Ralph Kimball, Data Warehousing Tools, Schema Modeling Tools, CA, ERwin, Dell Toad Data Modeler, Oracle Data Modeler, ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center, Talend DI Open Studio, IBM Data Stage, SAS, Data Warehousing categories. What is BI - Business Intelligence?, BI Definition, BI Tools, Classification of BI Tools.
Data Warehouse Architecture:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about the Data Warehouse Architecture which talks about the Various Source Systems i.e., Production Data into Relational, Flat File and various legacy system to Staging Area and finally into the Data Warehousing/Data Mart for presentation layer.
- Topics - Relational Vs Analytical. What are - OLTP, OLAP, OLAP categories - MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP, Data Warehouse Vs Data Mart, Dependent and Independent Data Mart, Data Warehouse Architecture, Source System, ETL Extraction, Transformation. What is a cube?, Benefits of cube?, How to create the cube?, How to deploy a cube?, How to create a report using a cube?
Data Warehouse Dimension & Fact Tables:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about different categories of Dimensional and Fact Type tables. Dimension - Slowly Changing Dimension concepts with Hierarchies and Level Attributes. Fact - Granularity for the fact data and also talks about the Measure Type.
- Topics - DIMENSION TABLE - What is a Dimension Table?, Dimension table categories, FACT TABLE - What is Fact Table?, Fact Table Granularity, Fact Table categories.
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about What is Data Normalization and their 3 types of forms. Here you learn about the type of dimensional modeling, benefits, principles and characteristics
- Topics - What is Data Normalization?, Data Normalization Rules - 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, Data De-Normalization, Dimensional Modeling - What is DM?, Principles, Benefits, Type and Technique.
Building Data Warehouse with ERwin:
- Learning Objectives - In this module you will see how we create a staging and target data warehouse and data marts from scratch to final. Decide the surrogate key, Dimension and Fact Tables. You also learn to generate the SQL scripts via ERwin r9.
- Topics - Source System Understanding, Future Data Requirement and Understanding, Designing and Developing Dimension Table, Designing and Developing Fact Table Designing and Developing ER Model With ERwin, Designing and Developing Entity Relationship Modeling.
Introduction to Open Source ETL Tool Talend DI Open Studio 5.x:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about the open source and commercial ETL Tools available into the market and it various comparisons. You will learn to create the flat file and relational target via Talend DI Open Studio 5.x using various Transformations.
- Topics - Open source ETL Talend DI Open Studio -Difference between Licensed and Open Source ETL Tools, What are Licensed and Open Source ETL Tools, Working with ETL Transformation in Talend Open DI Studio.
Building ETL Project With Talend DI Open Studio 5.x:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to create the actual business model and data integration jobs with management of various ETL items. You will learn how the actual ETL Projects work with BRD[Business Requirement Document] and TDD [Technical Design Document] and its uses.
- Topics - Building ETL Project Talend DI Open Studio, Understanding the Data Source System which will be a future Data Requirement, Identify Business Requirement Gathering, Building the ETL Talend Technical Design Document, Building an ETL Project.
Introduction to Data Visualization BI Tool Tableau 9.x:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about the Data Visualization Tools available in the market. You will learn to create reports and dashboards via Tableau 9.x using various functions.
- Topics - Data Visualization BI Tool : Tableau 9.x-Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau, Exploring Data Visualization with Tableau. What is Data Visualization?, Exporting Data and Working With Tableau.
Building Data Visualization BI Project With Tableau 9.x:
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to create reports and dashboards via Tableau 9.x using various advance features and functions. You also need to understand the various current and new report requirement.
- Topics - Building Data Visualization BI Project With Tableau 9.x, BI Reporting Understanding, Report and Dashboard Template Document, Tableau Design and Development Database Source Connection.
An Integrated Data Warehousing & BI Project:
- Learning Objectives - This is an integrated Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Project which starts from User Source System and Business Requirement Gathering till end of Project Development with production support strategies developments.
- Topics - An Integrated Data Warehousing & BI Project, Developing a Data Warehouse and BI Project, Source System understanding today's data that will be the future data requirement, Identify the Business Requirement Gathering, Report and Dashboard Template Document, Designing and Developing Models, Designing and Developing the Staging Area, Finalizing the Dimension Modeling Type, Designing and Developing Dimension Modeling.