What Will I Learn?
- Know the Citrix certifications and the way to obtain them
- Set up the infrastructure components
- Set up XenDesktop 7.6 components
- Configure XenDesktop 7.6 resources (Server OS machines, hosted applications, and Desktop OS machines)
- Configure profiles and policies
- Able to Validate the XenDesktop implementation
What is Citrix Xendesktop 7.6?
XenDesktop is a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) product developed and sold by Citrix Systems. It allows users to virtually access and run Microsoft Windows desktops from a data centre or a public or private cloud, via devices located anywhere. Users are able to access virtual desktops and applications through Citrix Receiver. Applications are delivered and managed via XenApp.The product's aim is to give employees the ability to work from anywhere while cutting information technology management costs because desktops and applications are centralized.XenDesktop also aims to provide security, because data is not stored on the devices of end-users, instead of being saved in a centralized data centre or cloud infrastructure. Citrix developed the software for use by medium to large enterprise customers. XenDesktop is able to manage and deliver applications and desktops using a connection broker called Desktop Delivery Controller. It supports multiple hypervisors, including XenServer, VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper-V to create virtual machines to run the applications and desktops. The software allows for several types of delivery methods and is compatible with multiple architectures, including desktops and servers, data centres, and private, public or hybrid clouds. Upon course completion, students will be able to build a XenDesktop 7.6 environment from scratch and test the implementation to ensure that all components work as expected and that both internal and external end users can access XenDesktop resources successfully. You will learn how to successfully manage, monitor, support and troubleshoot a XenDesktop 7.6 solution, which includes growing the implementation to accommodate changes in the environment such as adding new applications, new users, new desktops, and new policies, and troubleshooting common issues.
Who is the target audience?
- All who wish an upgrade in technology careers
- That has little or no knowledge in Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp
- Network Analysts and Administrators, IT consultants
- Any One Who Wishes To Be Either CCA or CCP Certified